No more silver in my mouth. Whiteness, only whiteness, my back choppers are like nice little snowy white porcelain sinks. I was under the drill for really not that long. No novicaine (how do you spell that?). That took some faith. We americans take novocaine (wrong sp again) for granted (don't we?). I did, anyway. But, not wanting to be a wimp, I said "it is easy and simple. I will transcend-dental medication "- (I stole that one from a comic strip years ago and I've been waiting to use it forever). It wasn't really easy and simple. I was a bit tense. I didn't realize how tense I was until the end when every muscle in my body suddenly relaxed like releasing a giant airfilled (and untied) balloon. Only I didn't go flying around the dental office spewing air and making that weird noise like an unleashed balloon would. That's a pretty slapstick-y image. Wheeee!
Going for my third surf lesson today at 11am. I'll be out there with the big boys today. Just a little tiny tiny (not so tiny) bit of fearishness about that. Like, what if I can't do it...What will I tell myself. And you! We'll see if I graduate to 2nd grade today. Steve is here now having another apple turnover type thing (like the one that gave me pregnant eyelids yesterday), only today it has little wings of caramelized sugar sticking out of the top. I hope it is symbolic of his experience in the dental chair today. He has to sit there with his mouth open for 5 hours in Nicoya (which means another hour ride on a funkybus.) Hope the time flies with sugar wings! Ciao for now.

No comments:
Post a Comment