Saturday, June 11, 2011

Rollin and tumblin

Day 3- surf school. I'm trying to be upbeat here but I feel like such a wimp. Marco did warn me that it was rough today. It started out pretty well. I got the hang of paddling out, cutting through the waves that are coming at me, sitting on my board, turning my board around. Once I actually stood up but then fell in just as the wave hit spin cycle (see link below). Lord. But in the words of an old county western song (see link #2 below) - "I'm just an old chunk of coal, but [if I keep getting tumbled in the surf like I did today], I'm going to be a diamond some day!" At least I will be round, because I will not have any corners left on my body! I mean, I'm surprised my legs are still attached. And Marco said it was only a 1 meter wave! Certainly it was more than that...
To experience this more graphically, watch the nice video that a little boy made below (you don't have to watch it all to get the point.) That is ME in there.

Washing machine spin cycle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2JBCLxCpp4

I'm just an old chunk of coal- John Anderson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdc64btFrII

No comments:

Post a Comment