Monday, June 20, 2011

Las Delicias - (this is about a week old post)

We met Lena today. She has a bakery around the corner from us. She is from Columbia and makes columbian desserts and pastries. We had donuts. The word for donut in spanish is "donut". The donuts were definitely special. Just made one hour before and warmed up for us. Filled with caramel. The caramel here is as caramel should be. Buttery, light, wonderful. Like the great caramel that Heather and Gilberto (from Columbia) make for the cafe. We each ate one. She makes them every day around 1pm. I will get pictures next time. tonight a storm came in. It is pitch black at 6pm (usually only pitch grey). Bumpy clouds, thunder, cooooool air. Rain. We'll be walking to the store in the rain, I guess. We did buy an umbrella. Earlier, we had to wait out a heavy downpour and sit in the outdoor restaurant Cocos where we had nachos and coke. The waitress there is very sweet. I said "gracias" and she said "con gusto". My skin is tender today. Some sun. Steve is pink but not in pain. My mind has sort of popped out of its frame. Things that used to matter, just don't. Freer. Yes. Now, if I can just face those waves again.

1 comment: