Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Slow.....and steady......wins.....the race

Went surf-practicing today. I am not a fast learner at this sport. I hate being a slow learner, especially at sports. But, I'm slowly learning to accept it. This place. You just can't go fast here. Nothing is fast here. Maybe the lizards are fast, but that's all.
I watched Steve surf today. I'm so impressed! So proud! I so appreciate the difficulty of what he is doing. This is tuff stuff y'all. We are renting surfboards for the next 3 weeks. Wow! What a dream come true!
I would say this place is transformative, but I just don't know. I will most likely go right back to my usual pace when i return. But, just to be down-shifted for even this long has been quietly amazing. My mind seems to be fanning out in all directions, unable to focus on anything that takes any mental effort. The picture has busted out of the frame. Sometimes it's weird. Too slow. Too heavy. But then I notice something or have some thought or moment of clarity that you can only have sitting still. Going slow. Un-doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment