Yep. Last night I dreamed I was wearing a quiche around my neck. Whoa. My brain is definitely sliding into home plate at sillyville. Cheered on, of course, by the all-night yodeling sheep chorus outside our window last night. Yodeling, yes, or obnoxious party toy. Not actually sheep though. Some kind of Costa Rican (Bavarian immigrant) toad I think. What I don't understand is why they didn't all drown? I read that while they are singing this yodel-yodel-yodel song ALL NIGHT they like to be partly submerged in water. And on top of that it was raining. When it rains here, it rains iguanas and monkeys and that's what was happening last night! ALL night. How do you keep your mouth open singing all night in this each-drop-is-a-gallon rain and not choke?? They never choke, or drown. Ever. I know I would drown if I tried that. Others had difficulties. The nice quiet, crawling-everywhere centipedes drowned in large numbers last night and they weren't even singing. The neighborhood Iguana, alive but obviously overcome was hanging out on our steps this morning unable to move (even after being picked up by the tail by Rodrigo) and they don't spend all night with their mouths open. But, I'll bet you anything, the Bavarian Polka-Toad Boys will continue as usual again tonight.(Steve and I like to promote local talent, so if you haven't heard BPTB's latest CD, you can hear a cut on one of my previous posts that was recorded here in our home studio. "Symphonia de frogs" (which turned out to be toads) is the name of the post.)
So, the quiche necklace dream. When I told Sarah about my dream, she said she had been craving quiche, so either her cravings are staking a claim on my dreams or I've become a craving psychic. (Call me up. I'll tell you what you are craving - $65). Anyway, this quiche was one of those little personal-sized quiches in a round disposable aluminum pie pan on a gold necklace chain. Uh huh. Held on by a safety pin. I had somehow buttoned my blouse (blouse. when do I ever wear a blouse. And with buttons!) over part of the quiche-ette by accident, so it was kind of hanging there sticking out sideways between the buttons. I was explaining to the waiter at the restaurant I was in that I had already purchased this quiche. They wanted to charge me for it. Whoa dreams are weird. Last time I had a really wacky dream it also involved food and a restaurant. I was in a Chinese restaurant and I told the waiter: "I'll have the Duck Lips". End of dream. Do ducks have lips?
I fulfilled my quiche craving while brunching at a French resturant in Denver this weekend. The next round of duck lips are on me.
ReplyDeleteI love you!!!
ReplyDeleteSeriously, you have FOUND YOUR DHARMA - or one of them - in writing travelogues. You ROCK! You're funny, informative, and leave us wanting more. Hole in one, sistuh! xoxo, S
PS r u guys gonna stay there long time more, or short time less?