Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Shiny knees and chirping geckos

The process of me being sandblasted into a diamond has begun with my knees. They shine!! Really! Like I've waxed them or something. Shiny-shiny like. Oooooooo! Steve's are shiny, too! I guess it is sand power. Well, that's about it for that subject, but I think from this I could easily seque into how the ocean is polishing up my personality. Or really it would be better to say it is revealing all my very best personal flaws. I'm spoiled. I think I can do anything. I'm longing to be cool and have someone recognize it. The ocean just laughs and fills my nostrils with salt water and sand. I'm perpetually better-than or less-than. The ocean says "oh, pleez" and tries to take my one-piece bathing suit over my head. I'm all whine-y because I am not a hotdog surfer. The ocean says "just shut up" and wraps my leash around my thigh and drags my surfboard to shore with me in tow. I love it. What an incredible opportunity we have here. Every day, I can get the caress and the slap of the ocean.  Humble. I am becoming a tiny tiny tiny person...but with really shiny knees.

Also tiny are the lizards-likes that share our apartment. We kept hearing a bird chirping in the apartment, and then found out that it's the lizard-likes that chirp. And the lizard-likes are really geckos. They make a sound like rapid-fire audible kisses. Here, listen: http://www.naturesongs.com/gecko1.wav


While I'm at it, here are the howler monkeys:
http://www.naturesongs.com/howler1.wav

No comments:

Post a Comment